The NFDI4Phys community represents nine domains of Physics which, together with those of three other NFDI physics consortia, cover all of disciplinary physics. In addition, Transdisciplinary Physics further include physicists not rooted in the German Physical Society.
According to the hierarchy in Nature (Anderson 1972 ), research data within as well as across all nine domains, can be conceptually encapsulated and linked to form a modular hierarchy. This is mirrored by the underlying mathematical structure of FAIR Digital Objects. To foster this idea, we strive for a dual infrastructure involving Research Data Management (RDM) and transdisciplinary discussion groups, for example, on the structure of information.
The NFDI is a fantastic opportunity for physics to develop further by entering the semantic space. The envisioned approach of NFDI4Phys addresses the recent needs of a large and heterogeneous community enabling self-sustained, dynamically evolving, and FAIR RDM.
- Specific aim: to develop new technologies to measure nature and transfer such technologies to future applications.
- Spcific aim: the solution of complex optimization problems for interconnected optical devices up to complete systems, their miniaturization, and the investigation of yet unexplored optical properties and phenomena.
- Specific aim: to explore the potential of plasmas and high-intensity lasers via a full understanding of their interactions with solid and liquid matter for industrial and biological applications.
- Specific aim: the discovery of universal physical principles that underlie living systems.
- Specific aim: the exploration and explanation of unique properties of complex (soft) matter through a cooperation of theory, simulations and experiments.
- Specific aim: to explain and to learn how to predict, control and mitigate emergent collective properties of future-compliant mobility and transport systems through an integrated approach that joins data analysis, theory and simulations.
- Specific aim: to characterize the interface between classical and quantum computers and to develop a road-map for data curation, storage, and management in the quantum computing era.
- Specific aim: to contribute with its physical methods and insights to the further development of healthcare services.
- Specific aim: to unravel the roots of universal behavior caused by the modular hierarchical structure of nature.